The Jungle Bird cocktail dates back to the 1970s, when it was served as a welcome drink to visitors of the former Kuala Lumpur Hilton, which opened in 1973.
Rate this Recipe
Ingredients – What’s in it?
- 1.5 oz (45 ml) Dark Rum
- 3/4 oz (21 ml) Campari
- 1.5 oz (45 ml) Pineapple Juice
- .5 oz (15 ml) Lime Juice
- .5 oz (15 ml) Demerara Syrup - or Sugar Syrup
- Pineapple - Wedge
Adjust Servings 1 serving
Instructions – How to make it:
- Add the rum, Campari, pineapple juice, lime juice and demerara syrup into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg